This weekend we’ll be coming to terms with the fact that Fall is not wasting any time settling in. At least Indulge at the Jupiter gave us an opportunity to get a head start on those winter coats! If you were unfortunate enough to miss the event, fear not! You can live vicariously through Byron Beck’s coverage – the photos alone should be enough to sustain you through the winter.
Happening this week:
- We love exhibition. Local artist and activist Jason Ingram will present Identity Thieves, a multimedia piece about his struggle to survive the “ex-gay” movement. The performance begins tonight at 7pm at the Pivot gallery.
- The Curious Comedy Theater will be hosting Time Out! Back to Old School: Parenting from the Retro Zone tomorrow night at 8:00pm. There’s nothing quite like laughing at someone else’s dysfunctional family to make you feel a bit better about your own!
- Thursday October 6th, the PDX Q Center will welcome photographer Scott Pasfield for a special presentation and signing of Gay in America. The text chronicles the stories of 140 gay American men, some of whom will be present at the event.
Links we loved:
- Equality is always in style. Designer Kenneth Cole tells the story of how his love for fashion ignited his passion for activism.
- Southwest goes from convertible airline to controversial airline! The company is facing backlash after kicking off L Word actress Leisha Hailey for kissing her girlfriend.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced the 15 nominees for the 2012 induction. Fans can support their favorites by voting on a separate poll. Which five do you think should make the cut?
Filed under: LGBT Everyday Rate, Other Events Tagged: | art, byron beck, comedy, exhibition, gay hotel, gay hotel portland, gay in america, gay portland, gay travel, hotel portland, indulge 2011, indulge at the jupiter, Jupiter Hotel, kenneth cole, lgbt travel, Portland Event, Portland Oregon, portland travel, Southwest Airline, The L Word